How Much Can a Ford Explorer Tow?
Depending on your setup, the 2019 Ford Explorer towing capacity ranges from 3,000 pounds to 5,000 pounds for Sylvania drivers. That’s in addition to payload ratings of 1,259 pounds to 1,717 pounds. These figures make it clear that the Explorer is prepared for anything that lies ahead, whether that means loading up for a family camping trip near Maumee or moving materials to and from the worksite. Find out what boosts the Explorer’s towing capabilities with Kistler Ford.
Ford Explorer Engine Lineup
With three engines from which to choose, Perrysburg drivers can equip their new Explorer to meet their unique driving demands and achieve their ideal performance:
- 3.5L V6: Twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) helps this engine generate 290 hp and 255 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder: Opt for this engine if you desire an expert blend of performance and efficiency. Output reaches 280 hp with 310 lb-ft of torque, while earning EPA fuel economy estimates of up to 19 mpg city and 27 mpg highway.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: The greatest output comes from this engine at 365 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. The Explorer Sport and Explorer Platinum trims offer this engine as standard.
Ford Explorer Towing Packages
The Ford Explorer’s towing capacity is made possible with two distinct towing packages. The options for Toledo drivers include:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package: Explorer models powered by the 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder are eligible for this add-on. It offers all that you need to haul up to 3,000 pounds, including a wiring harness and a frame-mounted hitch.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package: When you drive the either Explorer Sport or the Explorer Platinum model with the 3.5L V6 engine, you can tack on this package for a frame-mounted hitch, four- and seven-pin trailer connectors, and an engine cooler, all of which contribute to the maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
Towing Safety Features
Stay safe while you tow with the Ford Explorer. These safety features keep you aware and in control:
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: No matter the road conditions ahead, this system promises ultimate control, allowing you to switch between Grass/Gravel/Snow, Sand, Mud/Rut, and normal modes.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: As an electronic stability system, AdvanceTrac® with RSC™ enhances vehicle control on all driving surfaces, boosts stopping power, adds stability, and more. It also includes Curve Control, which slows the Explorer’s speed during tight cornering.
Test Drive the Ford Explorer at Kistler Ford!
Schedule a test drive with Kistler Ford to experience all that the 2019 Ford Explorer can do as you explore Toledo! We’ll get you behind the wheel of a brand-new Ford Explorer and save you some money on your SUV purchase with our new vehicle specials, so come see us today! Interested in exploring the Ford lineup further? Check out the Ford Fusion mpg ratings or the Ford F-150 towing capacity!
More From Kistler Ford
Do you have your eye on the2020 Ford F-150? The F-150 is available in an array of bed sizes and configurations. Choosing a Ford F-150 bed size depends on your performance needs. Smaller Ford F-150 bed sizes are better for Sylvania drivers who want more room for passengers in the cabin. A larger Ford F-150…
The 2020 Ford Fusion trim levels range from the base trim S to the top-tier Titanium trim level. With four distinct trim levels and six configurations, there’s a trim level for every Sylvania driver. Combined fuel economy ratings range from 23-27 mpg depending on which trim level you choose. View Fusion InventoryContact Us There are…
How much can a Ford Explorer tow? The 2020 Ford Explorer offers seating for 7 with an impressive maximum towing capacity of 5,600 pounds. The Ford Explorer lineup also features a hybrid configuration allowing drivers to haul large loads through Sylvania while saving money on gas with low mpg. Explore the Ford Explorer towing capacity…